How and Where to Check if the MCT Assessment is Available at Your Location?
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) has recently announced its plans to offer the Multiple Choice Test (MCT) element of the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme (QLTS) outside the UK.
Following the announcement, Kaplan QLTS, the assessment provider, has entered into a partnership with computer-based testing leader Pearson VUE to deliver the MCT online in various cities around the world.
To check if the MCT is offered in your city and view seat availability, follow these steps:
1. Go to Pearson VUE QLTS home page:
Click on ‘Seat availability’ (circled in green in the screenshot below):
2. On the next page, select ‘Kaplan QLTS MCT EXAM’:
3. You will be prompted to a new page where you can find available times for the exam. Click ‘Next’.
4. Here you will be able to conduct the test centre search. For example, let’s check if the MCT is offered in Germany. Type in ‘Germany’ in the search bar and click ‘Search’.
5. The search results show all test centres in Germany or in neighbouring countries. Let’s select the first option that pops up, in this case, ‘Frankfurt’. Check the appropriate box and click ‘Next’.
Now you will look for the available date and time of the exam.
6. In the ‘Select Date’ area, click on the arrow to move the monthly calendar to ‘February 2016‘ (which is the next exam sitting according to Kaplan website at the time this article was written).
7. Click on the date of the exam in the calendar – ‘February 10, 2016‘.
You will then see that the MCT is available at 09:00 AM. If this timing works for you, click on ‘Register Now’.
8. Here you will need to sign in and complete your booking. You must first register with Kaplan before you can book an assessment with Pearson VUE.
Important note: spaces on all assessments are subject to availability. For maximum availability candidates are advised to book as early as possible.
We hope this information will help you book your MCT assessment quicker.
If you’re ready to get started with your preparation, check our various MCT course packages now.
- How to Become a Lawyer in the UK
- Supreme Court Plays Wild Card to Cash in Ghosh’s Dishonesty Chips
- Joint Statement regarding a Settlement Agreement between the Law Society of England and Wales and QLTS School
- Important Updates to the MCT Course (April 2017)
- Live Webinar – How to Succeed on the QLTS Assessments – Sunday, January 29, 2017