QLTS Courses and Training
QLTS School offers the most comprehensive, affordable and flexible way to prepare for the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme (QLTS) assessments. Our course programmes are based on comprehensive textbooks, video tutorials, online resources, mock exams and extensive tutor support.
Our tutors and administrative staff attended the various SRA seminars that were held in London over the last several years. Accordingly, we have designed and developed our QLTS preparation courses, which reflect the SRA’s Day One Outcomes and the examiner’s requirements.
We have successfully prepared thousands of lawyers who passed the assessments on their first attempt. We are strictly focused on QLTS training and the only provider that has been offering courses for the QLTS since its introduction in 2010.
We have therefore gained valuable experience which greatly benefits our candidates.
Why should You Take a Course for the QLTS Assessments?
Kaplan QLTS, the sole assessment provider, is not allowed by the SRA to offer preparation courses for the assessments. The syllabus, however, is comprehensive and covers the entire corpus of English Law, which is taught in the UK over several years.
Therefore, it is essential that you prepare for the assessments with a course provider that understands your needs and will provide you with the right guidance, so that you can pass the assessments on your first attempt.
Key Information about QLTS School’s Courses
QLTS School’s course enables you to study in your preferred environment, at your own pace, and at the most suitable and convenient time for you – whether at home, in the office or elsewhere.
Our training programmes are designed for busy lawyers who have a limited time to devote for preparation. Whether you are qualified in a common law or civil law jurisdiction, have little or extensive legal experience, and whether English is your first or second language – you’ll benefit from our professional guidance and many years of experience of preparing foreign lawyers for the QLTS assessments.
Here are some key elements of our courses:
- Flexible, comprehensive and cost-effective course programmes for the two parts of the QLTS assessment
- A series of professionally written textbooks covering all subject areas required by the SRA
- Summaries of the main legal concepts and key areas of each subject
- Extensive online resources
- Periodic updates for the course material
- Dozens of mock tests simulating exam conditions
- A video library with online tutorials and professional presentations, available to watch on your computer, iPad, iPhone or Android devices
- Expert tutors drawn from University Law Lecturers and SRA External Examiners on the Legal Practice Course (LPC), with many years of experience in teaching international candidates for the QLTS assessments
- Legal skills video and live workshops
- Remote access to Lexis Library and West Law databases, exclusively offered to our candidates – no need to go to any physical library
- Special arrangements and unique programmes for international candidates based outside the UK
- Personalised consultations and step-by-step study plans available for both the MCT and OSCE so that you can benefit from a structured and proven yet tailored study plan from the moment you begin your preparation
- Proven track record and video testimonials of numerous candidates who passed the assessments on their first attempt and are now dual-qualified English solicitors – we invite you to visit the Success Stories page on this website to learn more about the experiences of some of our former candidates
QLTS School’s preparation courses cover each of the two elements of the assessment:
Our MCT course gives you everything you need to pass the MCT – you do not need to buy any other material, and can study whenever and wherever you want.
What is Included in our Course?
- 11 comprehensive textbooks in a hard copy format (we are the only provider that offers printed textbooks) – the books weigh over 2,000 pages in total and cover all areas of practice required by the SRA in Outcomes A1-A11: The English Legal System & EU Law, Constitutional Law & Judicial Review, Professional Conduct & Solicitors’ Accounts, Financial Regulation & Taxation, Property, Contracts Law, Torts, Criminal Law, Equity & Trusts, Business Law, and Human Rights. We are the only provider that publishes MCT textbooks in a hard copy format.
- QLTS Course Handbook explaining the fundamentals of the QLTS assessments, structure of the course programme, suggested study guide and test administration procedures, protocols and policies
- MCT Video Library with over 80 tutorials with professional presentations, spanning 35 + of lectures. You can watch the videos on your PC, iPad, iPhone or Android devices (see a preview below)
- Revision notes summarising the key points and main legal principles on each subject
- More than 1,000 multiple choice practice questions with detailed solutions
- 15 mock exams (with 90 questions each) that will enable you to test your progress and simulate a real test, with intermingled questions and a time limit similar to the formal MCT – View a Demo of a 20-question MCT Sample Test (opens in a new window)
- Free periodic updates for the course materials
- 2 hours of tutor support
- An initial guidance and customised study plan prepared by one of our MCT senior tutors
The practice questions, mock tests, revision notes and updates to the course materials are available on our MCT Online Training System. Access to the MCT Online Training System is for 12 months commencing on your date of registration, or until you have passed the MCT, whichever is the earlier of the two.
Check out this demo version of our MCT Online Training System, which is used by almost every person preparing for the MCT assessment today.
There is no specific or pre-determined pass mark on the MCT. The pass mark is determined by a special ‘Standard Setting Panel’ convened by the SRA following the assessment. Your results are measured in comparison to the standards expected of a newly qualified solicitor. Therefore, you must obtain a high score in order to pass.
High Pass Rates
Candidates who prepare with QLTS School pass at more than double the rate compared to non-QLTS School candidates. To prove this claim, we have engaged ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI), an independent, third party research firm, that has analysed and validated our pass rates. The study, which covered three consecutive MCT sittings, also shows that 3 out of 4 candidates who pass the MCT assessment study with QLTS School, and that the vast majority of QLTS School’s candidates pass on their first attempt.
QLTS School’s MCT course will therefore dramatically improve your prospects of success and will give you a significant advantage over examinees who do not study through a structured course.
MCT course packages: The basic package for the MCT costs £990 (with 5 mock tests). You can also get access to the MCT Video Library for £1,290, 15 mock tests and 2 hours of tutor support plus a customised study plan prepared by one of our tutors for £1,590. Shipping is free within the UK, £40 to Europe and the US and £90 to other destinations.