QLTS offers preparation courses for the two elements of the SQE exams. Our courses combine comprehensive textbooks, video tutorials, mock exams, online resources and tutor support.
We have prepared thousands of candidates for the QLTS exams on which the SQE assessments are based, and thousands more since the SQE came into force, and have valuable experience in this field.
Our preparation courses closely reflect the SRA’s Assessments Specifications and Kaplan’s requirements and will help you succeed in the SQE assessments.
Kaplan, the sole assessment provider, is not allowed by the SRA to offer preparation courses for the SQE assessments. The syllabus of the exam, however, is comprehensive and covers the entire corpus of English law.
It is therefore vital that you prepare for the SQE assessments with a course provider that understands your needs and that will provide you with the right guidance so that you can pass on your first attempt.
Here are some key elements of our courses:
- Flexible, comprehensive, and affordable courses for the two parts of the SQE assessment
- A series of professionally written textbooks, which cover all the subject areas assessed in the examination
- Summary notes with the main legal concepts and key areas
- Digital flash cards with short questions and answers
- Periodic updates of the course material
- Dozens of mock tests simulating exam conditions
- A video library with 200+ lectures that you can watch on your computer, iPad, iPhone or Android device
- Expert law tutors and legal skills trainers with many years of experience in teaching candidates for the QLTS and SQE assessments
- Legal skills videos and live workshops
- Special arrangements for overseas candidates based outside the UK
- Personalised consultations and step-by-step study plans from the moment you start your preparation
Our SQE1 preparation course gives you everything you need to pass the assessment. You do not need to buy any other material, and you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Our prep course for SQE1 includes the following:
- 18 comprehensive textbooks in a hard copy format – the books contain over 3,200 pages in total and cover all areas of practice required by the SRA in SQE1
- Course Handbook explaining the fundamentals of the assessments, structure of the preparation course, suggested study guide and test administration procedures, protocols, and policies
- SQE Video Library with 200+ tutorials with professional presentations, spanning 60+ hours of lectures. You can watch a preview of the videos on your PC, iPad, iPhone, or Android devices
- Revision notes summarising the key points and main legal principles on each subject
- About 5,000 digital flash cards – short questions and answers on each of the topics covered by the syllabus
- 2,500+ multiple choice practice questions with detailed solutions
- 30 mock exams with 90 questions each that will enable you to test your progress and simulate a real test, with mixed questions and a time limit similar to the formal assessment. Access two sample tests with 90 questions each, including suggested solutions, for FLK1 and FLK2
- Free periodic updates of the course materials
- 2 hours of tutor support
- Initial guidance and customised study plan prepared by one of our expert tutors
The practice questions, mock tests, flash cards, revision notes, and updates to the course materials are available on SQE Learning, our online training system.
Access to the online training system covers the first two consecutive sittings of the SQE1 assessment offered by the assessment provider from the date of your registration to the course, or until the date on which you have passed the SQE1 assessment, whichever happens first.
We offer three packages for SQE1:
- Basic: textbooks, study notes, flash cards, practice questions, and 10 mock tests – £1,890
- Advantage: everything in the Basic package plus access to the video library and 30 mock tests – £2,390
- Premium: everything in the Advantage package plus a customised study plan prepared by a tutor and two hours of tutor support – £2,890
Delivery of the textbooks is free within the UK, £110 to Europe and the US, and £140 to other destinations.
Learn more about our SQE1 course packages or sign up for the preparation course.
QLTS preparation course for SQE2 features a unique approach for the practical assessment. Our course combines practice area summaries, digital flash cards, video library, legal skills video workshops, online resources, and mock exams for self-assessment with model answers.
To pass SQE2, you’ll need to understand the relevant legal principles, explain those to the client or partner using accurate and timely advice, know which documents to use and also draft various documents and forms in various contexts.
Our preparation course for SQE1 includes the following:
- Course Guide – covering the structure, methodology, and marking criteria of the assessment, as well as study guides and test administration procedures, protocols, and policies
- Practice area summaries – the essential elements of the substantive and procedural law are summarised and divided into sections which cover the main topic tested on the assessment
- Digital flash cards that cover the legal practice areas
- SQE Video Library with 80+ online tutorials, spanning 20+ hours of lectures which cover the substantive and procedural law
- Practice questions – the questions include multiple exercises based on a single scenario/case study common to that practice area
- 15 English writing tasks – these are intended to help you improve your writing skills in a professional capacity
- Up to 300 mock exams with suggested solutions for self-assessment – try out these sample SQE2 mock exams
- Free periodic updates for the course material
- Access to SQE Skills Online – an interactive online tool to prepare for the practical assessment, with more than 60 exercises and a 130-page textbook viewable online
- Legal Skills Video Workshops – the workshops include 100+ videos with nearly 20 hours in total and summaries with key points of about 70 pages. The videos on interviewing and advocacy include role-play scenarios, commentary and tips for success delivered by an expert tutor
- Exam technique videos – these provide helpful strategies and suggestions for your final preparations in the run-up to the assessment day, as well as important tips for approaching the assessments
- Initial consultation and a tailor-made study plan prepared by an expert tutor
- Mock practice stations with one-to-one tutor feedback in client interviewing and advocacy. The mock stations will be conducted via Zoom, Skype, or telephone, and be marked by one of our tutors based on the SRA marking criteria
The course will be delivered online so you can study from a variety of locations: from home, office, or any location around the world, using your computer, tablet or mobile device.
There are three packages for the SQE2 preparation course (fees vary based on: (i) the number of mock exams for self-assessment (ii) level of tutor assistance:
- Basic – £1,890 (120 mock exams)
- Advantage – £2,390 (300 mock exams plus an initial consultation, and a tailor-made study plan, two mock stations with tutor feedback in client interview and advocacy)
- Premium – £2,890 (300 mock exams plus an initial consultation, and a tailor-made study plan, four mock stations with tutor feedback in client interview and advocacy)
Access to the online training system covers the first four consecutive sittings of the SQE2 assessment offered by the assessment provider from the date of your registration to the course, or until the date on which you have passed the SQE2 assessment, whichever happens first.
Learn more about our SQE2 course packages or sign up for the preparation course.