QLTS offers preparation courses for the two elements of the SQE exams. Our courses combine comprehensive textbooks, video tutorials, mock exams, online resources and tutor support.
We have prepared thousands of candidates for the QLTS exams on which the SQE assessments are based, and thousands more since the SQE came into force, and have valuable experience in this field.
Our preparation courses closely reflect the SRA’s Assessments Specifications and Kaplan’s requirements and will help you succeed in the SQE assessments.
Kaplan, the sole assessment provider, is not allowed by the SRA to offer preparation courses for the SQE assessments. The syllabus of the exam, however, is comprehensive and covers the entire corpus of English law.
It is therefore vital that you prepare for the SQE assessments with a course provider that understands your needs and that will provide you with the right guidance so that you can pass on your first attempt.
Here are some key elements of our courses:
- Flexible, comprehensive, and affordable courses for the two parts of the SQE assessment
- A series of professionally written textbooks, which cover all the subject areas assessed in the examination
- Summary notes with the main legal concepts and key areas
- Digital flash cards with short questions and answers
- Periodic updates of the course material
- Dozens of mock tests simulating exam conditions
- A video library with 200+ lectures that you can watch on your computer, iPad, iPhone or Android device
- Expert law tutors and legal skills trainers with many years of experience in teaching candidates for the QLTS and SQE assessments
- Legal skills videos and live workshops
- Special arrangements for overseas candidates based outside the UK
- Personalised consultations and step-by-step study plans from the moment you start your preparation
Our SQE1 preparation course gives you everything you need to pass the assessment. You do not need to buy any other material, and you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Our prep course for SQE1 includes the following:
- An initial consultation with an expert tutor – the tutor will guide you in identifying the optimal approach to begin your learning journey for SQE1
- Comprehensive textbooks in a hard copy format – the books contain 2,000+ pages in total and cover all areas of practice required by the SRA in SQE1
- Course Handbook explaining the fundamentals of the assessments, structure of the preparation course, suggested study guide and test administration procedures, protocols, and policies
- SQE Video Library with 200+ tutorials with professional presentations, spanning 60+ hours of lectures. You can watch a preview of the videos on your PC, iPad, iPhone, or Android devices
- Summary notes summarising the key points and main legal principles on each subject
- About 5,000 digital flash cards – short questions and answers on each of the topics covered by the syllabus
- 2,500+ multiple choice practice questions with detailed solutions
- 30 mock tests with 90 questions each that will enable you to test your progress and simulate a real test, with mixed questions and a time limit similar to the formal assessment. Access two sample tests with 90 questions each, including suggested solutions, for FLK1 and FLK2
- Free periodic updates of the course materials
- A customised study plan prepared by one of our expert tutors
- 2 hours of tutor support
The practice questions, mock tests, flash cards, summary notes, and updates to the course materials are available on SQE Learning, our online training system.
Access to the online training system covers the first two consecutive sittings of the SQE1 assessment administered by the assessment provider from the date of your registration to the course, or until the date on which you have passed the SQE1 assessment, whichever happens first.
Tip: Many of our alumni have reported that peers, including those encountered at Pearson VUE exam centres, who prepared with other providers, found their SQE1 mock tests to be overly simplistic or inaccurate, leading to a deceptive sense of confidence.
Avoid this pitfall with our renowned set of 30 SQE1 mock tests, meticulously designed to guarantee thorough preparation and a surprise-free experience on the actual exam day.
Starting from June 2023, we are pleased to offer extended course periods. If you wish to begin your SQE1 preparation ahead of time (which is highly recommended), you have the option to purchase your course in the same calendar month as or the calendar month immediately preceding a scheduled SQE1 assessment (for example, on or after December 1st or June 1st). By doing so, you will be granted an optional pre-prep period.
During this period, you will have limited access to SQE Learning until the conclusion of the nearest SQE1 assessment following the purchase of your course. However, your course will cover three consecutive sittings rather than two sittings (or earlier if you have passed SQE1). To exercise the pre-prep period option, you must notify us by email within seven days of purchasing the course.
Are you interested in learning more about how we can personalise your SQE1 preparation? Take a moment to complete our brief quiz, which will help identify your unique learning style. Once completed, you will receive a personalised SQE1 study guide tailored specifically to you.
This study guide will serve as a roadmap, offering detailed insights into the various components of our course, their purpose, and guidance on how to customise your preparation plan based on factors such as your professional background, preferred learning style, and available study time.
We highly recommend commencing your SQE1 studies as early as possible. Given the extensive syllabus, having extra study time as the exams approach will be invaluable, especially if you are juggling a full-time job.
For SQE1, we suggest a study period of 5-6 months, with a dedication of approximately 15-20 hours per week. Moreover, there is no fixed enrolment date, allowing you the flexibility to join the course at any time throughout the year, enabling you to begin your preparation when it best suits your needs.
The SQE1 preparation course is not strictly structured around a set number of months, weeks or days for lecture attendance. This ensures that if you have a busy schedule or other commitments, there’s no need to worry about missing a lesson.
Are you ready to get started? You can sign up now and commence your preparation for the January 2024 exam, or even opt for the July 2024 exam at no additional cost. This option is particularly advantageous if your schedule is busy and you require greater flexibility.
We offer three packages for SQE1:
- Basic: textbooks, study notes, flash cards, practice questions, and 10 mock tests – £1,990
- Advantage: everything in the Basic package plus access to the video library and 30 mock tests – £2,490
- Premium: everything in the Advantage package plus a customised study plan prepared by a tutor and two hours of tutor support – £2,990
Delivery of the textbooks is free within the UK, £110 to Europe and the US, and £140 to other destinations.
All course packages include an initial consultation with one of our expert tutors.
Learn more about our SQE1 course packages or sign up for the preparation course.
QLTS preparation course for SQE2 features a unique approach for the practical assessment. Our course combines practice area summaries, digital flash cards, video library, legal skills video workshops, online resources, and mock exams for self-assessment with model answers.
To pass SQE2, you’ll need to understand the relevant legal principles, explain those to the client or partner using accurate and timely advice, know which documents to use and also draft various documents and forms in various contexts.
Our preparation course for SQE1 includes the following:
- Course Guide – covering the structure, methodology, and marking criteria of the assessment, as well as study guides and test administration procedures, protocols, and policies
- Practice area summaries – the essential elements of the substantive and procedural law are summarised and divided into sections which cover the main topic tested on the assessment
- Digital flash cards that cover the legal practice areas
- SQE Video Library with 80+ online tutorials, spanning 20+ hours of lectures which cover the substantive and procedural law
- Practice questions – the questions include multiple exercises based on a single scenario/case study common to that practice area
- 15 English writing tasks – these are intended to help you improve your writing skills in a professional capacity
- Up to 300 mock exams with suggested solutions for self-assessment – try out these sample SQE2 mock exams
- Free periodic updates for the course material
- Access to SQE Skills Online – an interactive online tool to prepare for the practical assessment, with more than 60 exercises and a 130-page textbook viewable online
- Legal Skills Video Workshops – the workshops include 100+ videos with nearly 20 hours in total and summaries with key points of about 70 pages. The videos on interviewing and advocacy include role-play scenarios, commentary and tips for success delivered by an expert tutor
- Exam technique videos – these provide helpful strategies and suggestions for your final preparations in the run-up to the assessment day, as well as important tips for approaching the assessments
- Initial consultation and a tailor-made study plan prepared by an expert tutor
- Mock practice stations with one-to-one tutor feedback in client interviewing and advocacy. The mock stations will be conducted via Zoom, Skype, or telephone, and be marked by one of our tutors based on the SRA marking criteria
The course will be delivered online so you can study from a variety of locations: from home, office, or any location around the world, using your computer, tablet or mobile device.
We suggest allocating a study period of 3-4 months for SQE2, dedicating approximately 15-20 hours per week. However, it is entirely acceptable for some candidates to allow themselves more time for preparation. In fact, it is not uncommon for individuals to spend up to 8 months preparing for the SQE2 exam.
Additionally, there is no fixed enrolment date, providing you with the flexibility to join the course at any time throughout the year that suits your schedule. Moreover, starting from 2024, Kaplan will offer the SQE2 exam four times a year. This expanded frequency allows you to select a study duration that aligns with your preferred preparation timeframe.
You do not need to decide on the timing of your exam at this moment. Your tutor will offer guidance during your initial consultation to assist you in pursuing the most optimal approach.
The SQE2 course is flexibly designed, not adhering to a rigid schedule of weekly or daily lectures. This structure accommodates your busy schedule or other commitments, ensuring you never have to stress about missing a lesson.
Are you ready to begin? You can enrol now and start preparing for the January or April 2024 exams, or even opt for the July 2024 exam. If your schedule is demanding and you require additional preparation time, you can utilise the course and take the exam in October 2024 at no extra cost.
There are three packages for the SQE2 preparation course (fees vary based on: (i) the number of mock exams for self-assessment (ii) level of tutor assistance:
- Basic – £1,990 (120 mock exams)
- Advantage – £2,490 (300 mock exams plus an initial consultation, and a tailor-made study plan, two mock stations with tutor feedback in client interview and advocacy)
- Premium – £2,990 (300 mock exams plus an initial consultation, and a tailor-made study plan, four mock stations with tutor feedback in client interview and advocacy)
Access to the online training system covers the first four consecutive sittings of the SQE2 assessment administered by the assessment provider from the date of your registration to the course, or until the date on which you have passed the SQE2 assessment, whichever happens first.
Starting from June 2023, we are pleased to offer extended course periods. If you wish to begin your SQE2 preparation ahead of time (which is highly recommended), you have the option to purchase your course in the same calendar month as or the calendar month immediately preceding the first day of a scheduled SQE1 assessment. By doing so, you will be granted an optional pre-prep period.
During this period, you will have limited access to SQE Learning until the conclusion of the nearest SQE2 assessment following the purchase of your course. However, your course will cover five consecutive sittings rather than four sittings (or earlier if you have passed SQE2). To exercise the pre-prep period option, you must notify us by email within seven days of purchasing the course.
Learn more about our SQE2 course packages or sign up for the preparation course.